Top 7 Must-Use Productivity Tools for Self-Publishing Authors
I always liked pouring out in words what’s going inside my mind and heart. It gave me a sense of satisfaction, made me feel light and content. At one point I decided to leave nine to five rat races and indulge myself in something I love to do–collecting words and stringing them together.
The journey was not easy. And writing full-time wasn’t what I expected. There were days when everything I did was anything but quick or successful. After spending three years experimenting, practicing and learning new techniques, I finally managed to become both more productive and more efficient.
There are countless tools out there to help streamline the writing process, but only a few of the productivity tools are truly fruitful for self-publishing authors. So here they are the top 7 must-have productivity tools for self-publishing authors.
Who isn’t familiar with the Google Docs? It is free, in-browser word processor and marked to be one of the most popular content writing productive tools.
- Allows you to organize your files and folders on Google Drive.
- It is a perfect collaboration tool as many clients prefer sharing work in progress through Google Docs.
- It has an app that can be downloaded on your smartphone or tablet, thus allows you to work on the go. Undeniably, its mobile interface is pretty good.
- Whether you are working on your phone or PC, Google Doc has the capability of resizing itself easily.
Have you ever sat down to write something and a few minutes later you find yourself scrolling through social media sites or watching videos at the YouTube? Well, let me introduce you to FocusWriter which is aimed at blocking all the digital distractions and give your imagination a full bloom to produce something epic.
- Block out all the interruptions and allows you to work in a distraction-free environment.
- It hides up all the software and the applications that are running in the background
- Allows you to set timers, create daily goals, and change the color and font as per your preferences.
Trello is a web-based project management app which with its rich design, user-friendly interface, and variety of project management techniques boosts your productivity levels.
- Supports collaboration system thus enabling members to discuss projects in real time.
- Trello customizable boards can be utilized to plan out your entire week work plan.
- You can prioritize tasks. Different cards can be created for each task. These cards can be organized as per your set goals.
Editing/proofreading is a necessity for every writer. Thus, the authors do prefer taking online guidance and help from the services to ensure the accuracy of their writing pieces.
However, on the other hand, if you are interested in downloading an app then Hemingway, it is an excellent tool that will help to improve the quality of your write-ups.
- Finds the unnecessary complex words to be replaced with the simpler ones.
- Helps you write in a clear and convincing manner.
- Spots and removes weakening passive voice.
Offering excellent settings and customization, Rescue Time monitors your computer activities and let you know when you were both productive and distracted.
- Once downloaded, it runs in the background, tracks and provides a detailed report on how much time is spent on numerous sites and applications.
- Allows you to set alerts to notify you when a certain amount of time is spent on an activity.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary is one of the better ones available that offers quick results for your searches along with audio pronunciations.
- Once the app is downloaded, word games will help you improve your vocabulary.
- A quick to access dictionary encompassing thesaurus as well.
- Supports voice search function for the word.
Are you finally done with your writing? Well, the next major concern for the self-publisher authors is the book cover. In this regard we recommend you opt for Canva, the best designing software that offers easy navigations and remarkable productive functions.
- Helps create visually attractive book covers.
- Comes with ready-to-use template and free stock images.
- Offers a large selection of great tools like animations, GIF creation, image resizing and much more.
What tools do you use to keep productive? Leave a comment below.